We the Students of the University of California, Davis hereby demand that our voices be heard by administration, the UC Regents, the City of Davis and the State of California. Present, is our list of immediate, short-term, and long-term demands that the UC Davis population deems necessary in order to have a fully functioning campus. Immediate Demands for the vacancy of Mrak Hall on November 24, 2009:
1. Give amnesty to the 52 people that were arrested in Mrak Hall on November 19, 2009 by the way of effectively putting pressure on the DA to drop all charges placed on these individuals and by granting complete amnesty to these student under Student Judicial Affairs independent of the legal actions taken by the DA . Also, provide amnesty for all UC Davis students, faculty, and staff involved in protests concerning fee increases, budget cuts, and the laying off of University employees. In addition, we demand a public apology for Bree Holmes who was assaulted by police forces on Thursday night, November 19, 2009.
a. Both of these demands shall be in writing and signed by both administrators and the Chief of Police.
b. These demands shall be recorded by the media in front of the students occupying Mrak Hall tonight. Immediate Demands:
2. Repeal the 32% fee increase that was approved by the UC Regents.
3. Make UC Davis a sanctuary campus for all undocumented students (AB540) and workers. Also, have UC Davis administration support the action of creating the city of Davis a sanctuary city. In addition, Chancellor Linda Katehi shall give her signing bonus back to AB540 students as a sign of solidarity with her students that cannot receive financial aid.
4. Stop all current construction on campus.
5. A public apology from administration for having created this situation and a further sign of solidarity by advocating to the State of California to reevaluate the cuts on education.
6. Have the UC Regents and UC Davis administration positions reevaluated and have their terms reduced to four years and have a balanced student and state administration representation at Regents meetings.
7. Promise not to close any cooperative housing and promise to support and expand low-income cooperative housing on campus.
8. Support all student services and programs including outreach services and resource centers on all University of California campuses.
9. Make the UC Davis and the UC wide budget transparent and more accessible to students.
10. Reinstate programs and majors that have been cut; including but not limited to: Textiles and Clothing, and Nature and Culture.
11. Restore all lost positions for University employees and make no further cuts on the lowest-paid employees.